View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 11:22 AM
Pilatus801
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017
Position: Family guy
Default QOL and time at home questions

Hey,

I've been asking many questions on APC to get a fuller picture of what to expect as an airline pilot. Many of you have given helpful comments which are greatly appreciated.

This topic is very important as it involves time with family. My situation is such that I am divorced with joint custody of my 3 kids, ages between 8 and 12. Right now i have a rotating schedule where i have my kids overnight 4 days one week and then 2 days the next, rotating every two weeks.

No question once I get to the airlines my custody schedule will need be amended and my ex wife is very amenable and understanding, so i'm not worried about that.

Could some of you provide me a typical monthly schedule with a regional? Lets say for a pilot who has been in the door for a year or so. What would be typical schedules to include days off? How much would the schedule improve over time with seniority, say at the 5 year mark? I recognize that there are many variables with each company and each situation, but hopefully you can provide a picture.

Generally, how many days off in a month are new hired pilots getting? Pilots with 3 years or 6 years at the airline?

Ultimately, I hope that I will have more time off than my current 9 to 5 gig which gets me home every night with 2 days off each weekend. I'm hoping with some comments I can have a better understanding of what to expect at the regionals.

TIA.