View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 02:42 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by kevbo View Post
It has been this way for a long time. The only ones who made out were the few lucky enough to hit a hiring boom before 30. All of those guys were very well sponsored golden boys. people are naturally hopeful and tend to believe in things that don't exist. Why else would anyone work for a fraction of the top rates? In any capacity, aviation would be a career of last resort outside of a major airline. Pilots have some hope of career progression, everyone else in the industry is largely pigeon holed. Enough so to make working at a regional an incredibly dumb decision.
Originally Posted by kevbo View Post
They just don't pay enough for a long time. Surviving the lean years is more than the less wealthy kids would knowingly sign up for.
Life's not fair Bub. Suck it the Eff up and deal with it.

I didn't have jack, so I joined the Navy. No golden boy here but I worked hard in a low-rent public school, got up early to attend extra classes to get college pre-reqs knocked out while doing sports, then got up even earlier to go run before the sun came up... had to do that to push my sports performance where I thought it needed to be for scholarships.

Try looking forward instead of biatching all the time. If not for you, then the next generation. My kids are getting raised right, and will inherit millions. That makes me happy, even if I had some lean years and tough times along the way.

Even most of the privileged kids in aviation are pretty good people, not their fault they had it good.