Thread: Sun Country
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Demoman
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by mrgoodguy View Post
Hi, folks,

I am looking for junior people at Sun Country to give me some advice.
I am very senior FO at a regional right now, and looking at Sun Country as career progression.
I am LNK-ORD commuter right now, and get average 17 days off per month with commutable trips. I need a showtime at 8:30am at the earliest (noon-1pm preferred) and trips that end by 7:30pm the latest to catch my flight home.

I got scared by talking to some people that say that Sun Country is just like Allegiant and you basically need to live on base to have any time at home at all. Is this true?

Some more questions:
- What percentage of trips is commutable as described earlier?
(back-end, front-end, both ends?)
- Is there paid hotel during training, and if not, how do other people handle this?
- How flexible is scheduling about personal drop of trips / reserve days?
- What percentage of commuters are at the company right now?

Given the commute above, how many days off at home should I expect?
- After 3 months?
- After 6 months?
- Year? 2 years?

Basically, I need to know if, after a year, I can have at least 14 days off at home, and make
around 50-60 hours per months pay with personal drops.

Thanks for all the advice.
Don't get lazy and read the entire thread , you'll get answers to all of the questions you just asked .
SCA is NOT a commuter friendly airline , there are only a hand full of commuters and they are senior pilots , SCA does not put you up in a hotel during training , you either buy yourself a hotel room at an average of 60-80 dollars per night ( or north of that ) or you rent a crash-pad , SCA does not fly you to the interview either .
With the schedule you have at your present job you got to be insane to come here if you are looking for QOL .