View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 05:19 AM
calmwinds
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Point to the part in my post where I state that my 'complaints' are universal at Mesa.

They aren't - and that was the point.

If you want to post your opinion about whether you would have come to Mesa - or not come to Mesa - then by all means . . . go right ahead.

I'm sure those considering applying here would appreciate your post.

However, should you do this, I won't 'correct' what you post.

Nor will I challenge it.

I'll just ignore it, since it really doesn't apply to me.

Kinda like you should have done with mine . . .
You should give all the facts then. Where are you based... what jet you are on.... pilots come here for guidance on what to do and your post will and should be taken seriously. Just paint the entire picture.

I know a few CRJ guys who have done the street CA program at Envoy. I know that isn’t American but it is a 5 year flow to American. Other regionals hire Mesa pilots into their street captain programs too.

Some pilots I know here whine about not moving on to a legacy but really don’t do the things needed to move on. They don’t have a degree and aren’t working on one. They haven’t done anything beyond the minimum effort. They haven’t become a line check airman or a sim instructor or anything to enhance their resume beyond line flying.

I give advice to people coming here all the time. I tell them bluntly that the recruiting departments at the legacies prefer SkyWest or Republic (among the non-wholly owned regionals) over Mesa. (BTW, SkyWest has worse reserve policies than Mesa).

There are also reasons to come to Mesa. Living in base. Flying the Ejet. Failing at another regional’s program. Being a foreign national without a permanent visa. Someone who really wants to fly a lot without concern for QOL. Some of these guys will never move on and are lifers.

Since you are unhappy, I recommend you build your 1,000 hours right seat and move on to another regional. What I find is too many pilots have spent their signon bonus and can’t afford to move on.