View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 08:40 AM
tyler durden
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by CBreezy View Post
Except he left to become as CEO of another airline as stated above....so probably not
He dropped his plans for a ULCC to accept a position as CFO, not CEO. Given his desires to run his own airline, I suspect he may have accepted the position hoping to ultimately become the UAL CEO. Who knows, but this is what I wrote on another thread in response to whether AL might come back to AAY:

"Doubtful. AL left AAY quite suddenly, reportedly because he was tired of playing second fiddle to an increasingly stubborn, micro-managing CEO that refused to hand over the reins. AL was a huge component to the success of AAY and looked to settle the growing labor issues and focus on growing the company. Likewise, he probably found himself boxed-in at the highly structured, stuffy UAL. The prospect of becoming President or CEO dissolved when Kirby was hired from AA to be the President and CEO Munoz, a heart-transplant recipient, was showing no signs of stepping down.

Time will tell, but I believe he's looking to take his talent, experience and insight, surround himself with like-minded colleagues, and try his hand at running his own show. JMO"