View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 12:13 PM
Otterbox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger

Originally Posted by Ex Comair Guy View Post
First of all, lucky and blessed I didn't hurt anyone, myself or property! Totally embarrassed and remorseful and deeply sorry.

Haven't flown privately or professionally since being furloughed from OH after we were shut down.

Received a DUI in Illinois September 2017 that I've not reported for the following reasons:
1. My drivers license was never revoked or suspended.
2. I'm on court supervision and was never convicted and the case will be dismissed soon.

However, the arrest record is still there. And I know I will have to checkmark the box when applying for a new medical.

1. Do you guys and gals agree that this is NOT reportable?
2. Since there's no conviction, how will Canada border security view this?
3. How will potential future airlines look at this since I do intend to go back to flying.
FAA medical reporting requirements and Airline reporting requirements may be different. Follow the instructions for your 1st class medical

For airlines the DUI is dismissed then you should be okay... if it’s not dismissed, then expect no less than a 5 year cooling off period before most part 121 airlines would be willing to talk to you.

You’re still going to have to jump through a separate set of hoops for Canada...