View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 01:55 PM
hellorod
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by CH1203 View Post
Hey guys, I'm apart of the RJet cadet program currently around 900tt. The HR person I've been in contact with says Republic can count up to 100 hours of level D simulator time towards your total for your ATP mins. Looking in the regs, it can only be used if it is apart of an approved training course. I have also heard they can take you 50 hours prior to your minimums because you get that with your training. My question is... can I use my current sim time in addition to (if this is even correct) the 50 hours they give you?
No, you cannot.

In short, if you need to count towards your total time, you can only use 25 hours of the sim time in your initial airline training.

You can get hired with 1475 hrs and use 25 hours from your sim/training to count towards your total time.

You would receive an ATP certificate with a pilot-in-command limitation on your type rating because you technically don't have 1500 hours.

I thought Republic had a program where they paid for your last 100 hours though if you committed to them?