View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 08:37 AM
Petethedog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Frieght Dog

Originally Posted by rpatte1637 View Post
I feel your pain, two years ago I had a stroke and now dealing with the FAA special issuance process. First the FAA has a mandatory 2 year waiting period for any type of stroke, no matter how small, unless a cause was found and treated (Good luck at that out). Mine was very minor and I was back to 100% within about 3 months. All my doctors came to the conclusion that it was caused by a small piece of plaque that broke loose some where in my body and clogged a very small blood vessel in my brain. They said that if was just an unfortunate accident and that it would probably never happen again. I was given TPA in the emergency room when it happen and the blockage was cleared within 45 minutes of onset. I have been place on meds to control high blood pressure and diabetes which they believe was a under lying cause of it all. My AME and I did additional testing at the one year, actually by the time I was able to get into the neurologist it was about 1 year 4 months. We got all the paperwork and tests together and sent it in at about 1 3/4 years mark. About 2 months later the FAA sent me a letter stating that I would be eligible for review at the 2 year mark and I needed to have a new MRI done along with some other information from my doctors. So I contacted my neurologist, who ordered another MRI, even though the last one was not even six months old, even he said that this was a lot of unnecessary expense for unneeded tests. I also had to send in additional information from my private physician, that he had already provided for them just a few months before, fortunately he is also a AME and knows how thing work. Hopefully I'm on the final leg now, all the requested paperwork went in by mail about two weeks ago, because I had to send CDs of my three MRIs. But what can you do, if you want to fly again, you have to play by their rules. Good luck to you also, sounds like you are on the final approach to CAMI also.
Glad to hear you are back on track... Oi! Best of luck getting back on the air again...
Yeah, I am just blown away that it takes so long scan something into the system. Something that would take 1-2 minutes takes 1-3 weeks to get accomplished.
Just wondering if anyone knew of a way to get around that kind of bs. For example, would it help to obtain the assistance of a service like Airdocs (or other AME who specializes in dealing with the FAA)? Anyone