View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 12:42 PM
Captainbfv
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2016
Position: Gear Biatch

I’ll bite....

Ok, so if you’re close to upgrading at a AA regional feeder with a flow through, then that means you’ll probably flow to AA (pending no industry hiccups) within 6+ years.

Right now because we’re not hiring (per say) the upgrade at Allegiant is 3 to 4 years.

It’s hard to say how quick the upgrade will be until the fleet transition is over. The reason I say that is because once the transition is finalized we (current pilots) will have a clearer picture of what direction the company wants to go.

I’ve been here two years and I bc of my background I plan on worst case. Worst case for me is upgrade in 4 years, best case is 2 more years.

Realistically speaking unless we add more airplanes to the fleet (which seems like that’s the plan) then upgrade could be about 2 to 3 years.

Here’s my advice tho...

You’re now looking to upgrade at this regional, which means if you work hard enough you might break 6 figures. As a second year FO here you should be able to break 6 figures.

If that’s not good enough then you can roll the dice and hope for the best until you flow (6-ish years I would assume). By then IF all goes well you should already be a captain here if you’re hired on the first wave.

In other words you need to pick, either roll the dice with Allegiant and make descent money and upgrade in 2 to 4 years, or roll the dice for the flow and make ok money at the regional waiting for the flow and then go to AA or find that you got stuck at a regional. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk