View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 01:38 PM
FLYLOW22
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post
I looked at the DOH of the system-wide junior CA (ANC MD11) then looked at a calendar.

That being said, those 2005 DOH CAs endured retirement of three-man airplanes, Age 65, AND the Great Recession which caused no hiring from the end of 2017 through mid-2014.

Today, with 6 growth 748s delivered since Oct 2017 and 32 more growth airframes (22 748, 7 763F and 3 763BCF) due to be delivered between now and the end of 2020 AND increasing mandatory retirements with a substantial wave that starts in 2024 and runs for over a decade ..past results will most likely not be indicative of future performance for recent hires.

Exactly,

550 can understand how I did the same thing by dividing the total FOs by the rate of upgrade.

That’s the only point I was making... or trying to.

NJA upgrade is now 7 years at current rate o upgrades.

When Age 70 hits, that number will drop.

550 and the Travel Gnome JetLife are so jaded by NetJets for reasons they could never control (a merger that left one very junior based on date of hire and the other a newhire expecting instant fortune and glory).

They made their decisions to come here.

They made their decisions to leave here and while many of us are pleased that they decided to make decisions to move on to what they perceive as bigger and better, they cannot help but continue and look in the rear view and take cheap shots.

If it were I headed to another company, I’d stare firmly forward and trust I made the correct decision.

Continuing to snipe at an old employer and its employees to attempt to “save” them is literally like trying to fold sheets in a hurricane. I can assure them both that the new hires coming on here are quite content to be here. Excited and energized.

Some even turned down the position of flow through to a legacy to be here, home based and... just fine.

It’s a free market boys and it’s a buyers market. If a pilot wants to fly pax, cargo or Frax, they’re making their moves now.

Just do so with class is the message.

Boiler... thanks for the info and good luck to you in upgrade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk