View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 01:42 PM
havick206
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by Captainbfv View Post
I’ll bite....

Ok, so if you’re close to upgrading at a AA regional feeder with a flow through, then that means you’ll probably flow to AA (pending no industry hiccups) within 6+ years.

Right now because we’re not hiring (per say) the upgrade at Allegiant is 3 to 4 years.

It’s hard to say how quick the upgrade will be until the fleet transition is over. The reason I say that is because once the transition is finalized we (current pilots) will have a clearer picture of what direction the company wants to go.

I’ve been here two years and I bc of my background I plan on worst case. Worst case for me is upgrade in 4 years, best case is 2 more years.

Realistically speaking unless we add more airplanes to the fleet (which seems like that’s the plan) then upgrade could be about 2 to 3 years.

Here’s my advice tho...

You’re now looking to upgrade at this regional, which means if you work hard enough you might break 6 figures. As a second year FO here you should be able to break 6 figures.

If that’s not good enough then you can roll the dice and hope for the best until you flow (6-ish years I would assume). By then IF all goes well you should already be a captain here if you’re hired on the first wave.

In other words you need to pick, either roll the dice with Allegiant and make descent money and upgrade in 2 to 4 years, or roll the dice for the flow and make ok money at the regional waiting for the flow and then go to AA or find that you got stuck at a regional. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I’ve been here over 18 months and flew my 1000 for upgrade (not my first CA gig, just my first in 121 world) in a year, so willing to keep hustling. That puts my flow date earlyish 2022 for now to AA.

All that said I never had my heart set on a legacy and always planned to move to the SF area long term and mostly days trips would be nice.

The clincher for me is the supposed growth and if that will translate to a relative short upgrade. I don’t mind shifting around bases the first 2 years and eventually settle in to OAK long term.

I don’t mean to come across as entitled either, just weighing up my options before I’m in too deep here and also miss a hiring wave at allegiant.

All in all I feel well placed either way, just seeing if the gamble of a quick-ish upgrade will pay off.