Old 06-12-2018, 01:46 PM
John Carr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by prex8390 View Post
Deep in the article sounds like it said no structured interview required. So is this the first 141-Legacy actual, legit flow? Or do I just need another cup of coffee this morning.

I went to UND, can I go back??

https://www.grandforksherald.com/new...athway-program
Much like the agreement with the other school, AND the CPP's. The initial language is vague at best. And will probably be subject to multiple additions and changes.

Originally Posted by awax View Post
UND will be able to delay a student's career progression from UND instructor to regional FO. This is a manpower tool for the university to retain the instructors

UAL and UND have announced an agreement subject to the whim (i.e. Manpower retention) of Express CPA carriers.
Agreed.

CPP = carrot dangle/retention scheme at the regionals.

This and others = carrot dangle/retention scheme at the college level.

This is significant as a conditional job offer is being made, subject to the above hoops, to an unqualified applicant. It appears that pilot hiring is being farmed out to the universities. Traditionally, a UAL captain (ALPA member), has been a part of the pilot hiring process, I wonder how this will change that dynamic.
Exactly.

Which means the prospective pilot can consider themselves on probation from day 1 of starting the UND program to end of year 1 at UAL. Assuming they make it there of course.