Old 06-13-2018, 06:14 AM
bamike
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
I’m gonna leave out the university programs because I think those are overpriced, especially since I already have a bachelors. I’m just having trouble deciding if I should go for a local flight school around me or one of those ones that really market themselves as commercial pilot ready programs. I saw a post on this forum that said flight schools around DC are only good for a private license.
I'm the guy that said DC flight schools are not the best idea. I said that because the DC SFRA wastes time. If you want to stay in DC, I would recommend two schools: either NAFC in Edgewater, MD or American Aviation in Manassas, VA. American Aviation would be my first choice, it's technically right on the edge of the SFRA and therefore minimizes the time wasting. They have a very good reputation. If you want to do all your ratings and want to stay in DC, I would go to American Aviation so I don't waste money and time flying in and out of the SFRA to practice maneuvers. https://www.americanaviationllc.com/...-pilot-program