G550Guy
Banned

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: MD-11 FO

Originally Posted by FLYLOW22 View Post
I haven’t compared anything to UPS.

I simply asked the upgrade time.

550 should know.
I have no clue and could honestly care less at this point. I never came to UPS for the upgrade. Im in my second year at UPS and I will easily exceed what I made at NJ as a 12 year Captain... while working less doing it. From here on out, its all gravy in my book.

At 48, I sat down with my financial advisor at Schwab and asked him to figure it out for me. Based on the current contracts at both companies and upgrading at UPS my last 4 years, staying at NJ was going to cost me 2.1 million dollars in earned income and retirement benefits when I retire at 65. That was all I needed to hear. I took the cash buyout offer, worked a contract gig for a few months and came to Brown. Never been more happy in my entire life, career wise.

I have spent countless hours talking with and helping colleagues from NJ who are interested in UPS, why wouldn't I. You think I have some beef with NetJets or something, and you're wrong John... I don't. But I can see that place on 3 dimensions: my time at NJI, NJA, and now being gone. Its not the greatest flying gig on earth. Yes, it works for some, others not so much. For those interested in leaving, why shouldn't I help? For those that choose to stay, best wishes. Everyone leaves this career at some point....