View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 10:37 PM
suddenimpact
Banned

Joined APC: Sep 2014

You are right that there are fewer showing for new hire classes, but those pizza parties are more for selling the ExCo to those new members for votes later on. At least until they see those early grandiose promises of "industry leading contract" don't come true. I'm sure they will have a scapegoat for that. I can think of several they already have used.

Kirchner is on his way out as far as being the ExCo Chairman long before this contract will reach it's conclusion in the years of upcoming legal action and arbitration's that follow using delay as a point of leverage hoping more quit than hire on to stay as leverage under his direction. I imagine he will attempt a run at 1224 President. That doesn't require class and craft as the ExCo position does or maybe hired as a business agent by the Eboard. Keeps him in the money, our dues money.

I don't really blame the Teamsters. ALPA was worse on the back stabbing, support wise. We just had a large expansion and influx of new guys in the majority that didn't know our history, voted for guys they didn't know that oversold themselves that didn't know any of our history here either to keep from repeating the mistakes of the past. Those elected could make a good sales pitch for themselves and a few had access to the new members personal data even before the Teamsters got it. That was before the Houtas pizza parties though. Someone else ran them then and is on the ExCo now. Unfortunately, that kind of sneaky doesn't work on a corporate level. Just screws the collective membership in the end.

Last edited by suddenimpact; 06-13-2018 at 10:57 PM.