View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 02:11 AM
suddenimpact
Banned

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Elevation View Post
This really bums me out. The union has made a lot of mistakes it’s true. As individuals we can be a lot nastier to each other than is warranted, and we only divide ourselves further. For what it’s worth, all the dumb stuff you see, be it gossip circles, veiled threats, leaking of private information in training or anything is NOT your union in action. Nobody who has been on any kind of team thinks being crappy to each other improves performance over the long run. I can think of a good many times I’ve seen this type of thing really harm an effort. Mistakes have been made.

The good news is that we are fixing this. Please don’t let loud jerks turn you off your union. We’re only going to be strong if we stick together. Sometimes we lose sight of that. If someone doesn’t wanna hear what you have to say, talk to someone else. We exist for you, not the other way around.
I can see how we got here along with many others. A large amount of members and I would prefer to work this differently, but this administration has done it's best to kill that into repeating past mistakes again that could be easily circumvented with a little knowledge of history and less of arrogance. Much like how we got rid of AACS in STN. Work the real pressure points vs acting like berserker idiots.

Just on the membership side:

1. Creating an off union facebook site for members that denies access to many of the membership and only allows certain posts while being represented as the official union access point. Then later that being changed when they saw the liability to the local.
  2. Cutting off membership posting access to the original private union web forums. It actually acted like a true thermometer of the memberships desires and wants and helped keep our issues off sites like this.
  3. Leadership/ExCo Chair directing it's committees to attack members seen as supporting/voting for a properly proposed amendment that passed the whole of 1224.
  4. Filing charges on many members seen as being associated to that bylaw amendment in which "everyone one of them were exonerated" of the charges.
I could go on, but why? They have proven what they are.

We are not a union anymore under Kirchner, but a wanna be gang led from behind by leadership that goads our members into crossing a line they know we can't get them back from when the section 19's hit. Multiple examples already exist. Get the members worked up and use the one's that crossed the unmentioned line by our ExCo/Company as martyrs.

There is a difference between being a thug and being a union. At least our thugs pay themselves well, I'm sad to say.