View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 08:07 AM
fgross90
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2015

Originally Posted by fortyeight View Post
I've been pretty vocal on here about the way this company treats ORD and hub basing in general. But this is getting ridiculous.

To any prospective pilots out there, consider all options before you decide on Republic. ORD specifically has seen the loss of American and now Delta flying. ORD resembles what an outstation should look like, barely 250 pairings for the month of July and a fraction of the pilots compared to IND and CMH. Yes, there is a place for outstation basing, but to the extent Republic utilizes it? Probably not. We're not flying Q's anymore. CBA's are catching up, QOL, flow, career path, etc. are all working against RPA in this ever increasing "pilot shortage." But this company continues to push the outstation model. Unless you live in CMH, PIT, or IND I can not for the life of me understand why future pilots would consider this place. I'd like to say I can't believe the company is up to this again, but I've been here long enough that watching ORD whither away to nothing is par for the course.

Rant over, maybe the reverend will have a coming to light moment and run this airline the way it should be.
Yea it’s annoying, but still a good regional to fly for. Just sucks for ORD FOs who will upgrade and never see Chicago again.