View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 08:19 AM
larryfxlast
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2018
Default Greetings! Let me pick your brains!

Hello everyone, long time lurker and decided to make an account to start communicating with pilots all around!

I find myself in a situation. I am a 27 year old A&P mechanic at a major US airline. It's a good time... I am topped out in pay with a bit of seniority under my belt. That being said....

I am about to begin commercial and multi engine, then hopefully CFI...you get the picture! I've always wanted to fly for a major. It's never been about the money, or how bad regionals are or anything. I Taxi these planes and I can't help but to feel it in my stomach.

I'm unmarried with no mortgage or kiddos. With my seniority I can land premium days off across any shift really and the ability to give away as many of my shifts as I want.

With that being said, when it's regional time I'd really like to hold employment with my current major (internal applicants are typically tossed up to the top of the stack, and they love that type of stuff, two mechanics have internally hired in recent times).

Is this a feasible approach? I really feel like I'm in the best possible position, flexibility, finances, family, considered.

Sorry for the lengthy first post and I appreciate anyone who takes their time to read and/or answer.

Lawrence