View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 08:42 AM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by atpwannabe View Post
Excargodog:
The FAA in DC/OKC had/has all of this information. When I got the denial letter from Drs. Chesanow, De Voll, and Tilton, man....I was crushed. Professionally, all I've ever wanted to do was become an airline pilot. If by chance the decision is reversed, in reality, I'll probably only have about 7-10 years of flying professionally, whether 91, 135, or 121. Preferably 91..."fly till you die". It'd be the best 7-10 years of my life!

I certainly appreciate and respect your explanation. Looking back, it's a bitter pill to swallow, however, I must and have taken ownership of all that's happened. In the words of the 9th step..."I will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it." Being transparent though, there are some things in the past that I do regret, but can't go back to change. All I can do is to continue to learn from past mistakes (not to be repeated) and build on my successes.

Thanks for the genuine response.

Marcus
(atpwannabe)
So take a chance. Make the phone call. Call 202-267-8035 and ask for Dr Penny Giovanetti. Tell her what happened. Tell her the truth, be humble, and tell her the changes you've made in your life since then. She can pull up the old records. She can tell you if you have a shot and if so how to put in an appeal based upon the subsequent history. Because it IS the history that matters. If you have changed from that time, and have your act together, and you can safely fly, they can certainly make it happen. You just need to convince them.

It won't be quick and it may not be cheap, but the whole world loves a reformed sinner. Makes us all feel there is hope for us too. So it just may happen.

But Penny's a great gal. She'll tell you if she thinks you have a reasonable shot. What the hell, it's only a phone call.