View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 11:55 AM
jDSTJD
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2018

[QUOTE=Whale Driver;2608358]I don't think you anything to report yet.

"within 60 calendar days of the effective date of an alcohol and/or drug related conviction or administrative action."

I think if you have not been convicted or received administrative action, your next report would be on your next medical application form.

IMO - get it to a Lawyer who is an expert in the FAA's cesspool. NEVER admit or report anything o the FAA that you do not absolutely have too.[/QUOTE]

I can't agree with this advice more strongly. As a municipal lawyer who advises government employees who hold various types of special certifications and licenses, including police officers, it is critical that you hold off on taking any solo action on this before getting thorough professional legal assistance from a lawyer with the relevant experience. Due to the highly regulated nature of your profession, and the high level of emphasis on safety that underlie these regulations, there are so many different ways that an ill-advised admission or statement could create a problem for you that you never would have thought of.
Many people who will offer you advice, despite their best intentions, may not be aware of the nuanced legal issues involved with handling these types of matters. Hiring a lawyer for anything is dreadful and expensive, but I'm pretty confident in saying that when you get this situation properly handled and are able to move forward in your career happily and with prosperity, you won't even remember what you paid your attorney...and if you do it will seem very much worth it.