View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 02:04 PM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by conoblep View Post
ir777: That was part of the reason I didn't report it. It didn't fit any of the boxes on the medical and was dismissed, so didn't trigger 18w. 18v specifically asks about DUI (no), DL impacts (none) and educational/rehab attendance (no... not in the formal alcohol classes or traffic school sense, but maybe unsupervised public service qualifies?). I went around talking to aviation attorneys (AOPA legal services paying for itself already) as soon as I got ahold of the court documents and realized it could be a mistake. It was a 50/50 split between report it or not, which in my mind makes it a grey area. The spirit of the question seems to be that the FAA wants to know about alcohol incidents, regardless of the outcome. I love it when even attorneys are confused. I may have caused more trouble for myself, however I'd rather be upfront/honest and mistaken then hauled in front of an ALJ for being a liar (which may happen anyway, but it's harder to prove intent if you have self-reported).
I would be AMAZED if they made an issue of a minor in possession charge a decade ago unless there have been subsequent alcohol or substance abuse related problems. The usual problem in delays of this kind is that a lot of the "paperwork" is now done ekectronically meaning everything first has to be scanned into the database before anybody even looks at it and decides who it should be sent to for the decision. Then if that person is off at a meeting or something, non emergency stuff is going to just sit, and a 10 year old minor in possession issue is about as non-emergent as it gets.

To use the punch line of a very old joke, "Don'na worry, Luigi, you gonna pass."

You'll have to visualize the hand gestures that go with the reassurance.