Thread: Tokyo non rev
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 07:55 PM
C130driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2016

Originally Posted by full of luv View Post
I agree with all, if your military related, you can sometimes get last minute rooms at the New Sanno which is in the heart of Tokyo. My kids loved the Pokemon store as well at that age.
For a small excursion, take the train to Hakone for a night, there is a cable car overlooking a great lake and lots of hotsprings.

Lastly, the morning after you arrive don't let a good case of jet lag pin you down, head out to Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo (goes from about 4:30am till 9am) where all the sushi restaurant buyers get their daily catch of fresh ocean creatures that are kept alive till the very last second. Many of the creatures look like they are from a different planet. Your kids will be amazed and there are Tuna being auctioned off for thousands of dollars every morning.
Also second the Tokyo Giants game if able, unlike any baseball game in the US with organized chants and ladies serving beer from pony kegs attached to their backs. Lastly, if you can attend any sumo event, that is great as well.

Sayonara
2, best sushi I have ever had.