View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 12:38 PM
Davetastic
Ice-bagger

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Screwed View Post
Davetastic;

BK is not retired. You are jumping the gun. Soon, but not yet. And when he does retire he gets to stick around and run the union. The rules were changed after the election.

As far as which group is good or bad, or which group do I support.....it is real simple.

One group is fighting to get us a raise in compensation and benefits. One group will protect my job if it is threatened. Do I pay a lot for these services? Absolutely. Maybe even too much. Is there an alternative?

The other group is trying to take away the few good work rules we have. They are also trying to severely limit an increase in compensation. This same group lies and cheats. They also pay themselves industry leading compensation and awards themselves huge bonuses.

Which group should we support?

BK is months away.....for all intents and purposes....RETIRED. And I don't agree with him staying on to represent us....it presents a conflict of interest. Hats off to him though...he played politics to keep himself in power and he did it. It's just politics.

Every post that I put up some union hard liner including YOU wants to paint a picture of me as a company guy but I can't tell you enough to STOP already. I am not a company guy and I support the union. PERIOD. I am just critical of policies to which I don't agree.

I know union and company tactics and politics. I don't agree with EITHER. Frankly, you can't help but wonder that because the union has decided to play politics that the company is making it difficult for us as retribution...or visa versa. Regardless, this is the path that was forged when the company and union jointly decided to take this labor group down the legal paths that we find ourselves on now. The line pilots are stuck in the middle.