Thread: Reserve flying
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 08:24 AM
Kerizbro
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013

Originally Posted by VASBYT View Post
Keriz, thanks for the information. So this means you were just awarded MIA? I am assuming MIA is the most senior base?

I start class in August and IND is one of the bases I’m considering while waiting for a spot at IAH. How late do the trips end in IND? I will be commuting to IAH, so I might need to reconsider IND if it’s too late in the evening.
I would check what flights are available between where you live and where you want to be based.

Indy is what’s called an outstation base. This means we need to do the first flight out in the morning to get the pax to the hub base for their connecting flights. We also need to wait to do the last flight out of a hub back to Indy at night.

This means if you’re Indy based you will usually start off your trip with an early morning departure 5am - 8am. Keep in mind you need to be at the gate 45min prior to departure. The last leg of your trip back to Indy is usually a night flight arriving somewhere between 8pm-midnight.

There are some trips that end early, prior to noon and with a little seniority you’ll be able to hold those. In general if you are looking for a commutable base, I would look more at the hub bases(Mia, Dc, Ewr, Ord, Phl...) instead of the outstation bases.

Btw I think some really junior people were awarded IAH, usually new bases go junior for a while then really senior.

Keriz