View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 07:05 PM
Soxfan1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by idlethrust View Post
Seems like someone else is happy with this crap of a t/a,trying to justify his yes vote .
You can try and clean it up anyway you want it’s still crap and deserves to be shot down so that it sends ATW a clear message.
That is not at all what I intended to imply. He was concerned that we would go “belly up” or loss the UA contract. In reference to the TA my point was 1; the company has money, and 2; if they thought they were going to go belly up or loss the contract they wouldn’t spend it in the next 15 months.

My opinion stated was most pilots do not think the TA goes far enough and I added a fact that the TA has a cost to the company in the millions. After you take out the approx 150 pilots hired after Dec 2016, management and instructor pilots, and those on LOAs, I’d say about 350 left. Times that by the bonus is just short of 3 million. Pro or anti TA - this statement can’t be argued. You can and should argue it’s not nearly enough for this market, does nothing to attract new hires and that company can certainly afford more considering they quadrupled the bonus at the 11th hour.

It just seems a stretch to take my 2 comments on the TA as me being a “yes”. Don’t you agree that most pilots you talk to/post on Facebook/APC/airwillly find it to be too little? I’d say 70/30 against?

As a said to him there are good things and bad things about AWA but of all the actual problems here I just don’t feel his concern is one to be worried about. And the TA is just one of many reasons I think that.