View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 12:15 PM
Cessnaflyer1213
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by Islanderpilot View Post
I am also new hire for the July 9 class.

Questions:
1. How long would a new hire be in reserve?
2. How often would they schedule you for long call or short call reserve?
3. When does the schedule for bidding come out?
4. How many hours (high and low) can you fly in a month?

1. I am relatively new and somewhat fresh off IOE. November-December hires went straight to line holders. January hires are still on reserve. Looking at about 90 days of reserve after IOE at the moment.

2. No long call reserve, only short call. Typically I have been called after 6pm the night before a reserve day and been given a trip with report time. Sometimes as early as a 4:45a show time.

3. Typically the second week or middle of the month. Captains get to bid early. Once completed, FO's take their turn. Bids are usually completed about the 20th of the month.

4. Flying is, of course, kept within FAR 117 limits. 100 hours per rolling month and 1000 hours per rolling year. 1000/12= about 83 hours per month. AW pays a 75 hour minimum. I've seen bid lines with as little as 65 hours in a month and as much as 90 hours. What you actually get paid for is higher (credit hours) based on before/after flight duty, deadheads, etc. My flying last month was right around 80 hours, but I credited 120 hours so I got paid for the higher amount.