View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 02:17 PM
Av8r75
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Line Pilot

So by your comment...you believe that most new hires at mainline are from wholly owned flows?? That is not only ridiculous, but not accurate.

People are always trying to sell you on flow...just got an email today from Trans States advertising their flow program with Frontier. It's also a long shot and bunk at best sometimes. Flow is NEVER guaranteed at any airline. If economics change, flow can stop.

I still remember flight schools promising interviews and even jobs to people 10-15 years ago, to which many students were duped and lost tons of money. Don't believe everything that is sold to you and choose wisely. There are many other more important reasons to choose a regional...

What happens if you sacrifice QOL and Pay for flow and then flow stalls...now your stuck with bad QOL and low pay.

Ask anyone who has been in this industry longer than a few years...things change very quickly and often...I would never bank on anything promised a few years from now.

There are plenty of pilots getting hired at mainline and other majors from regionals like Republic. If that were not the case, hiring would slow down here and that does not appear to be the case.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk