Old 06-29-2018, 04:30 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by wetoolow View Post
I agree with that. And thank you, that is eye opening.....seems like that is an excuse I have come up with on my own. But I agree in that I would never use that as a justification, especially in an interview.

Thank you for making this feel a bit better, now I just need to press on and continue being the best damn CFI I can be.

Do you think these busts could force me to stay at a regional a bit longer than someone who has less Primary training failures?
Yes, absolutely.

Everybody in aviation understands that general aviation training and checking is very inconsistent, so one or even two busts would not be a huge deal. But four is going to delay you, for starter's you're probably not eligible for employment with an AA wholly owned, but I would try that first due to the flow.

Odds are that the best you'll do is second tier major (still not a bad life).

You'll need to come up with an explanation (NOT an excuse) for what happened, and be able to articulate what you learned. They want to know that you accept responsibility, and that you made a change to keep it from happening again.

That's the easy part... you also need to never fail another training event until you complete probation at your career destination airline. If you do, you're probably a regional lifer.

Part of the problem is public perception... even if the majors thought you had corrected your training challenges, they are concerned with how your record will look in media coverage (and the trial) following an accident (Google Renslow). So the history will be with you for life.