Old 07-01-2018, 08:14 PM
Glenn Would
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2015

I've said this before on this topic, and I'll say it again.

First, unless the people commenting here are actual recruiters from the airlines (either regional, major, legacy), all you're getting here is someone's opinion. If you want the best answer on if those failures are going to affect your "employability," go to a job fair, introduce yourself, strike up a conversation with the recruiters, and explain what happened and how you grew as both a person and a pilot from those failures, that will be the answer. Some companies will say that's disqualifying (and that's fine...you probably don't want to work there anyway). Others will say as long as you can prove that you grew from those experiences and that failures will NEVER happen again, you have a shot. That includes legacies as well (I've heard stories of guys with way more failures than you get hired at certain legacies during past hiring waves). Don't base decisions on your entire career on the opinions of a bunch of anonymous posters on these forums.

Secondly, it is absolutely imperative that this is your attitude going forward:
1. Those failures were 100% YOUR fault
2. They ARE a big deal
3. What you learned/how you grew both personally and professionally from each failure
4. The measures you are taking to ensure any type of failure will never happen again.
You seem to already have this attitude, but I'm saying this again simply because that's how important this is going forward.

Finally, you may not be able to get on with "high-tier regionals" (an oxymoron if I've ever heard one) like Endeavour or Envoy, but there are plenty of regionals that WILL take you, as long as you have the attitude you need to have about those failures. Get on with the first one that hires you, get through training, get through probation, and GET INVOLVED. Do work for your company's safety department, get involved in the training department, get involved with non-political union positions, get through upgrade training, become a check airman, attend (and possibly give) aviation-related presentations at various venues. Show the airlines that you are dedicated to perfecting your craft. And above all, NO MORE FAILURES..EVER. Do whatever it takes to pass, even if it means putting your life on hold for a month or two in order to study.

If the airlines are your goal, and you want it bad enough, you CAN do it. PM me if you have any other questions or want my opinion on anything else. God's speed, and good luck to you, my friend.