View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 07:01 AM
Diesel8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by CA Deplorable View Post
Fr8dog 7, I worked at Polar just prior to the acquisition of Polar by Atlas. Polar was owned by GECAS, prior to that Ned Wallace of Flying Tigers, who sold that to Fedex..now he is in bed with Kalitta. When I was there Polar received purchase enquiries from United (Polars sales director went to run United Cargo.. at the time they were operating DC-10 freighters...trying establish a diverse product like NWA Cargo) and also Fedex. Atlas’ board was full of GE execs at the time and Polar was owned by GECAS, about the same time the DOT stopped the transfer of routes with purchase and dissolution of a carrier, so the Polar routes and 5th freedom rights would go back into the pot to be bid by everyone if Polar ceased ops....thats the only reason the Polar name survived the purchase...the routes. As far as Southern if it wasnt for the original acquisition by Oak Hill Partners (owned 360)..Southern would have died then with the clapped out classics. Cargo 360 had the 777 order and Southern got their first 777 run CDG-BKK-DBX from Focus Air as they had the Thai Airways contract. Im happy the SA guys got whats fair and not be a pawn in a game, but the truth is SA has been on life support a couple of times and revived by other companies investment, not their stellar management decision making. Now you live with history. To my friends at Southern...not a diss best of luck!
It's not that simple, using your rationale Kalitta should have gone before Southern. They ran Classics longer than Southern.

No, your wrong. some companies are airlines, others are entities to be sold off. That would be more what the Neff model is about. Bet he does the same thing with Western Global.

Oh, and Cargo 360 was more of a money pit than Southern ever was. It was run by Delta pilots. Wanna see an airline go down the tubes? Let pilots run it. Lots of defunct pilot run airlines, thats' reality.