View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 07:16 PM
Qotsaautopilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Tough call. 10 years ago I’d say you didn’t have a chance. These days I wouldn’t worry about it. I think you have learned from your mistakes and that’s good to show in an interview. Bust number one says I don’t have attention to detail or follow SOP. Bust two days the same thing but for something different so there is a pattern. Bust three I’d say the DE is a douche that had a bone to pick and could’ve just said do it again.

Getting the interview will be harder for you than a guy without those busts but once you get one I think explained properly it shouldn’t be a huge hurdle. To stand out to get the interview in the first place will require beating the computer/HR points system. Have a masters degree or military experience and get more points. Be a check airman at your regional airline and get more points. Be a minority or a woman and get more points (I’ll get hated on for this). Have community service and volunteer in your community and get more points. Attend job fairs and get more points. Have more time and more PIC (turbine) time and get more pints. Guy with the most points gets an interview and the computer works down from there