View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 08:31 AM
DC8DRIVER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 747

Originally Posted by suddenimpact View Post
I believe it was about a year after K* got elected. Eat our own first. Simple job, we are always ready to do that. Like a witch hunt. Used P2P to start that, then the new hires during their welcome to Atlas new hire pizza parties. All junior and unknowing of our history which we seem to repeat. New hires ready to gobble up the words of K* as gospel, ignorant of the facts and our history. Worked everyone up to the point some didn't know were the line was and a few got burned by the company. Leadership was not willing to or felt like telling them where that line was were they could save their jobs. Lead from behind leadership mentality. Then that same leadership cleaned house of anyone in the committees that would make a suggestion or not blindly follow their statements on history and facts. Thus causing the proliferation of hate to forums like these.

I've always expected sabotage and reprisal from the company and have experienced it directly. Didn't expect it from my own union to the membership and active committee members.
Says a major poster in the "down-the-toilet" movement!

If you look at the history of this thread, you'll see that for many years, posters like Talon and me wrote positive and constructive information geared toward helping potential new hire Atlas pilots become informed about the current status of the Atlas hiring process and specifics of life at Atlas.

When Atlas first bought Southern, we all regarded it as good news until the company decided that they would amalgamate instead of negotiate our new contracts. At that point, we continued to write informative posts clarifying the confusing and negative situation that the company created.

Those of us who still carry on the tradition of informing potential new hires with honest and clear opinions about life at Atlas are frequently attacked and told that our opinions are wrong.

I urge readers who are genuinely interested in Atlas as a potential employer to go as far back as possible in this thread to get a feel for the history of hiring at Atlas and how we got to the place that we find at ourselves today. Doing this will also give a clearer view of the agendas those who are the current frequent posters.

Last edited by UAL T38 Phlyer; 07-11-2018 at 06:04 AM.