View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 11:10 AM
SideFlare
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Hey dude, former military rotor-type guy here now at an LCC after a stint in the CRJ-200. For me, the biggest issue (as mentioned previously) was the automation. Flying the airplane was easy, it was making it do what you wanted via buttons, knobs, and various mode selection options that took some time adapting to. I flew “steam-gauge” AH-1Ws in my previous life, relying solely on TACAN or PAR/ASR approaches, so having to deal with an FCP took some getting used to. That said, I made it through both training programs without issue. You’ll have ample time to learn the flows and profiles prior to getting in the sim, which is the second half of the battle. The -60 sounds like it’s a generation ahead of the Cobra technology-wise, so I’d expect that to help you out significantly. Bottom line, show up, study, and be prepared to do things the way the training department specifies. If you have a good attitude, you’ll be fine. Low stress compared to brown-out landings and the like, I promise. Hit me up with any rotor transition questions if you need it, and best of luck!

As far as pass/fail, the only guys that got the hook had less-than-stellar attitudes. If you’re teachable and express a desire to be there, they’ll work with you. Be humble, be on time, and don’t be a d1ck...