Old 07-12-2018, 06:14 PM
Dr Rosenrosen
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2018
Default Return from medical leave training question

I had my medical certificate revoked by the FAA in Dec 2016 due to complications from a medical incident. My condition for all practical purposes has been cured and I have been working with the AMAS folks in CO to get my medical certificate back. I am still working on getting some documentation and labs the FAA has requested, but anticipate getting back on Delta property hopefully in the next couple months. Under the PWA it is my understanding that I am able to come back to Delta to any category if someone junior to me was awarded that category during an AE. I was on the 737 before my medical was revoked, but depending on the results of the current AE bid I am looking hard at coming back into a widebody position. My question is what sort of training timeline would I expect? I understand this AE is going to generate a massive amount of training. If I do come back to a WB where would Delta put me on the training schedule? Would I be expected to be placed along with the AE training timeline based on seniority or would I expect some sort of expedited training to get me flying again ASAP? Or would Delta expect me to get "recurrent in the 737" (not sure how long that training would be) before starting WB training? Anyone with personal experience in this scenario? Thanks in advance.