View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 12:35 PM
Davetastic
Ice-bagger

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Tenacvols View Post
I came to Atlas from flying King Airs overseas and I can tell you that the negative affect of failing a type rating ride was in the back of my mind during training. However, when I went through training with Southwest it wasn’t in the back of my mind. The difference you ask? When in training at Southwest, I was at my destination airline so I didn’t plan on having to interview ever again. That being said, I fully believe that my time at Atlas helped me land the job at SWA. Stay strong 5Y brothers, you’re only as strong as your weakest link.
Just to be clear, I am not bashing anyone coming to Atlas from King Airs overseas. In fact my sim partner did and he did just fine with no hiccups during training. The point of my post was to highlight that flying King Airs overseas is probably far more treacherous than flying one leg a day to Tampa from Cinci. Also, failing a type ride was the furthest thing from the forefront of my attention during training at Atlas, or XJT or CFI. It is within ones own power to make it that way REGARDLESS of where you are!....it is all about mindset. "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right!" as quoted by Henry Ford.

Last edited by Davetastic; 07-13-2018 at 12:45 PM.