View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 05:31 AM
Davetastic
Ice-bagger

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by DC8DRIVER View Post
I am just offering my opinion of the way things are here at Atlas.

What I have had enough of is listening to you tell everyone that posts here that their opinions are wrong.

OH GAWD!!..you are too much already!! I am in the same boat as you...I offer my opinion and nothing else. No one's opinion in wrong....it is all a matter of perspective. Take for example Broken wind below. I may not fully agree with his position...but he is not wrong for it.

Originally Posted by Brokenwind View Post
If I found myself at a legacy airline (Delta, United, etc.), a destination workplace with absolutely no consideration for updating my resume and apps anywhere for posterity (barring some global catastrophic event). I wouldn't consider a pink slip at that destination having the same impact after the fact, other than the bruised ego than having to disclose it during the application process. Most people would consider working at a legacy airline their final career goal...

I agree that it may not have the same impact if you were to stay...just a bruised ego and move on....but if you were looking for a job say at American after busting at United, I think because a United could be considered a "destination" airline, more attention would be drawn to your hypothetical situation for leaving thereby having a greater impact. Unless you threw your ace card saying, "it is a dream job" to be at American, and then of course you could only do that once. But at the end of the day, a bust is a bust is a bust.....it will get the point deducted from your application, or it will draw out the sneer from your interviewer.....REGARDLESS of where the bust occurred. An interviewer will not say, "since it was at United, it's ok....." , or in other words "since your checkride failure occurred at where people consider their final career goal it is has less impact". Quite the contrary! An interviewer might ask, "why'd you have a perfect record at Atlas and bust at United? Did you become complacent because it is a 'destination' airline"?