Old 07-15-2018, 10:22 AM
zippinbye
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: 320/A

Originally Posted by Dr Rosenrosen View Post
Thanks for the response! That is exactly what I was hoping for. Hope to be on the line real soon. Have enjoyed my time off, but itching to get back flying.
Doc,

I hope to be shortly behind you. Just found out that one of the FAA boards that needs to review my stuff pushed the file aside when they met in June, due to mass (11 CD ROMs/1000 pages). I'm waiting to find out when they convene again. Damn, the wheels of bureaucracy turn slowly! From what I know, the other responders are on the money, although I think you'd be on the 737 unless you participated in an AE or Surplus bid along the way. But I'm not sure about that aspect. My situation is a bit different, as I have a displacement from the 744 to exercise. Which is, as you mentioned, an opportunity to bump in wherever my seniority could hold, since I was disallowed from bid participation while "out."

My impression is you'll be on the fast track for requal training, with little regard to seniority, and that you'd likely be slotted into one of the next spots that exist or could be created. It's probably just a matter of getting some sim slots and 2 instructors scheduled (one for seat suport), since the odds are long for pairing you with an identical-need requal partner. With just 7+ months away, I think you'd be a short course requal, which I did a couple of years back on the 7ER. About a week in ATL as I recall, followed by a bit of overkill on OE/TOE.

In nutshell, I have found little support from within Delta while I have been away. Neither of the seemingly appropriate domicile flight ops seemed willing to claim me as theirs, but I have had some good assistance from a particular Regional Director of Flight Operations. So answers to the sorts of questions you pose are available with a bit of hunting, but nobody is knocking at the door trying to help.

If you have any words of wisdom or helpful info regarding the return to work process, please PM me. Best of luck!

- Rich