Thread: FedEx Schedules
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 10:07 PM
PurpleToolBox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post
For now, there is some pretty good variety. Asia trips typically go straight from ANC to Japan, Taiwan, S. Korea or Guam. From there, shorter flights within Asia for a few days or up to 12-13 days and then back to ANC. It's also possible to start with a deadhead to any of our typical Asia cities in China, Japan, Taiwan, etc. Some trips come down to the lower 48 (MEM, IND, OAK). From there, they may just go back to ANC or continue to Europe or HNL-Syndey. There are the around the world trips you mentioned. Europe trips typically continue east and end up in Asia with a final leg back to ANC. It's rare that a trip to the lower-48 will remain there with continuing operations in the US. Trips either go right back to ANC (operational or via deadhead) or continue east/west internationally.

I don't disagree with your post. However, I think the ANC domicile days are very limited. The company's push to grab more 777s I believe will kill ANC MD11 domicile pretty soon -- if not LAX or both.

I can see ANC getting a 777 domicile. Too many of our trips go through there now. In fact I'm on a deadhead as I type and there are three 777 bubbas with me doing the same. Anecdotal evidence. But why fly MD11s around the world when the parts just aren't there anymore. It is increasingly becoming very expensive. The USAF has learned this as well with their fleet of KC-10s.