View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 07:42 AM
Cheese7
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by brocklee9000 View Post
Yep, I gave up soda and sweets a long time ago, watch sodium and carbs, exercise 3-5 times a week (or as often as I can). I gave up activities like skiing and mountain biking. And I'm saving that money (which would have gone to a higher priced insurance plan) into savings. For things that are much more likely to happen: getting a filling at the dentist, car repair, having a kid, saving for a down payment on a house.

And OP, that's great you could find an affordable plan on the government site. I've never really looked at it much, I think last time I tried the enrollment period had closed or something.
Yep, as a 28 year old healthy person, I don't think I'm going to get heart disease, diabetes, etc. in the next two years. I'm really just looking for a policy to cover me in the case of a catastrophic event for the next two years or until I get hired by a regional.

That is excellent long term health advice though!

I guess I'll give up mountain biking, motorcycling, watersports, snowboarding, and all my other high risk hobbies for the next two years.