View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 10:14 PM
Making it Count
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Default Could flow stop?

How exactly is the flow protected? Say I get hired at PSA and a couple years down the road something happens (economic downturn, etc). Is there something in writing stating if x happens AA doesn’t have to keep flowing pilots? Would PSA just furlough the pilots before they reach their time to flow?
Or would AA just flow them and furlough the flowing pilots somehow?
Just trying to figure out the dynamics of such event.

I keep reading two things of advice over again about regionals.
1. Live in base (PSA for DAY or Republic for IND, PSA flow is a plus)
2. Go to a regional that if something happens you wouldn’t mind staying at for an extended period of time. (Big strike against PSA for me, and would choose Republic)

Again, as someone who is not there yet I have limited knowledge on how exactly it is written in the contract or how it works so sorry if I’m completely off.

Another thing that I keep reading on various forums is this thought from some that if you depend on the flow you are some sort of hack and it shouldn’t take you that long to get into a Major so go to any regional just to get hours. Maybe so but the way the industry has been in the past I feel there are no sure things.

Where is this thought coming from that going to a Major is so easy now? Are people thinking that it’s something that is just going to happen because airlines are going to be so desperate? Maybe a I am the hack that doesn’t believe it will ever get that bad so I am putting the flow in my back pocket if possible. But if the flow can be stopped that changes the dynamic a bit.