View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 10:13 AM
Making it Count
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

I was just gathering info to try to make the most informed decision at this point. I realize everything could be different and understand the reason for the laughter about choosing RAH over PSA now, knowing that the industry has changed on a dime it seems.

Only skeletons, as someone mentioned, are checkride failures while getting both fixed wing and heli ratings (CFI/II in both). I almost wish I didn’t have my heli ratings and that would cut 2 fails off my resume, but it is what it is. Nothing I can do about them now. I have confidence in my ability but if I get weeded out of the initial interview due to failures, my ability then doesn’t mean squat because of primary checkride screw ups. Just need the chance to prove my ability over time of passing 121 checks at regionals.

AA isn’t really my number 1 choice. It’s probably number 3 after Fedex (IND base) and Delta (just because it seems like they got there stuff together).

I live 1 hr from Dayton and 2 hrs from CVG so PSA really is my best option. IND is 1.5 hrs.

Either way its a good time to be a pilot. I am grateful for that.

Thanks everyone for your response.