View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 08:20 AM
BtownPilot
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
Is English your second language?

You signed a contract, agreeing to pay for your training or repay the training costs in the event that you failed to honor your commitment to the company, and now you want to dishonor that commitment, correct?

Did you get something in return for this commitment, such as a type rating?

Boom?

What was supposed to be "half the time?" The training period, or the duration of the commitment to the employer? If your training took longer than anticipated, so be it. If you committed to a time period and have fulfilled that time period (a year is customary, but some agreements extend as long as three--and the Chinese routinely use commitments out to 99 years), then you've fulfilled your contract. Are you trying to say that the company is keeping you longer than the term of the contract? It sounds more like you're attempting to say that you think the training took too long, and you want to go somewhere else without fulfilling your contract.

Do you understand that the reason that employers have these contracts is dishonest pilots who take the training and run?

If you are in a situation in which the employer has not met the terms of the contract, or is operating dangerously or illegally, you may have standing to leave prior to fulfilling your end of the bargain.

Apparently you thought it work signing the document to get what you wanted. What has changed?
It was suppose to be 18 months as their post said. after turning down 4 other jobs and spending the money to move for the job, they slapped a 2.5 year contract. I had no choice but to sign because I would be out of a job, and spent the money saved for the move. training was fast, was a type rating and I got off IOE 2nd trip. They also guaranteed at 1500 for upgrade which didn't happen. thats why I do not want to stay for those reasons. Also the hires just before me had a 20-25k contract they gave me a 53K contract. Last day of contract balance - 25K and first page of contracts states the employee balance is due on last day of contract' which never happens but they could potentially still request that.

I am at 1 year now. Currently with offers to Regionals.