Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 06:32 AM
mainlineAF
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016
Position: 6th place

Originally Posted by Qotsaautopilot View Post
It seems as if you guys work at airlines where the entire crew stays together. We don’t. Between the 5-7 of us there could be between 2-7 different pairings. We also usually say at different hotels from the FAs in the same city so it’s common to split and head for our private car and they do their own thing to get to their hotel with the lead FA being in charge if they are staying together.

In the few places we do stay at the hotel together it’s usually a Crew base so often they are going home or splitting up. It’s also usually a large city and the van runs on a schedule. In the situation where the FA gave me a hard time for not waiting I had no idea whether she was based there or overnighting. And it’s the same hotel in the same pickup location running on the same schedule it has been for years. Why do I need to babysit to the pickup site and then ride together to the sign in sheet. She (they) know where to go and we aren’t flying together tomorrow. I don’t walk with them to the Crew parking bus after a trip or pick them up at home before. What makes this any different?

And what camaraderie? Ever sat on a hotel van with a bunch of FAs complaining about passengers and the latest screwing by scheduling all in front of the driver and other riders. It’s embarrasing. I’d rather not. If we make it to the same bus great. If it’s on demand of course I won’t leave without and I’ll ask so make sure they are going to the hotel. If it’s on a schedule, see ya, I have no idea where they are going. Different FAs literally every leg. She was just looking for drama.

I also know I’m not in the minority because when I was a commuter it was always offline and by the time I got to the front to thank the pilots for the ride they were long gone almost always.

I’m with you. Where I’m at we are split up and the FAs do their own thing. They’re big boys and girls they don’t need to have us help them.

Just last night we had a light load. Me and other guy were messing around up front and i hear see you guys later and the FAs leave on their way to the hotel. We never even had a convo about the hotel bc they don’t care where I’m staying. Should i have gotten mad at them for leaving me? lol

Exception is when I’m working with new hires who have no clue. Then I’ll hold their hand. Otherwise, see ya. Unless there’s some other circumstance that requires us staying together.

Best thing ever was when we stopped being on the same pairings as FAs.