Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 12:51 PM
captjns
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by A Squared View Post
Why would the FAA care what a company puts in it's manual about how company employees interact while not aboard the aircraft? Once the the passengers are, deplaned, the logbook signed, the aircraft is powered down and transferred to the ground crews and the crew is in the terminal, walking away, why would the FAA care if the GOM instructs them to all hold hands to the hotel, or scatter to the 4 winds? The FAA has no compelling interest nor jurisdiction at that point.
The FAA does have a vested interest that crewmembers are in compliance, with their duties and responsibilities, I/A/W the Company’s GOM. Conversely, while not mandatory, unless so stated in the GOM, its up to the Captain, if they so desire, to ensure the rest of the crew is provided for. Personally, I’m the last one of the jet, boarding the crew van, and to check in at the hotel. Those new to the airline, or the industry observe my interaction with the cabin crew line training. Consideration, which does go both ways for the most part, goes a long way... that’s all. Nothing to get one’s knickers in a twist... wouldn’t you agree A Squared?

Last edited by captjns; 07-31-2018 at 01:08 PM.