View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 05:41 PM
RandomPerson
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2017

I wouldn't say Atlas flies a lot necessarily but the money is absolute garbage, as are benefits and everything else. Yeah Atlas pilots gone from home a lot, but that doesn't equate to block time.

Kalitta and Omni, and even ATI make at least 50% more money just based on guarantee. If you get hired at one of those two it's a no brainer to pass on Atlas. Atlas is pure dog dung. I'm talking 767, where the Atlas growth is.

There are a some low time F/O's who got hired at Atlas and bail for regionals because they're only getting 250 or so block hours for year, making 50 hour guarantee every month during 1st year, so the money is crap. 62 hours guarantee after year 1 is not much better. If you come to Atlas as a stepping stone with ~ 3k hours, well, it could be a decade before you've accumulated the block time to be competitive for an actual career airline.

IF IT'S SO BAD WHY DON'T YOU LEAVE? I am trying and am actively interviewing after almost 10 years. No improvement in sight at Atlas for at least another 2 years. It's a huge career mistake to go to Atlas unless you already have a lot of flight time and need a short-term stop-gap or you're damaged goods (no degree, DUI, many busted checkrides), etc. This is especially true if they try to put you on the 767, or even worse, at Southern. At least on the 747 the pay is more palatable, but it's still 25% less than the other ACMI's, and the schedules are soul-sucking.