Old 04-05-2006, 01:18 PM
coldpilot
DisplAAced

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: EMB-145 FO
Default Personality/Attitude

Getting hired isn't all about flight time and having a four year degree. It's also about how you present yourself to the interviewers. In the back of their mind they are thinking "Is this someone I can fly with?" They want to see that you communicate well, present yourself professionally, and that they can sit in a cockpit with you for an extended period of time without going insane. If you have a bad attitude and you think you are God's gift to aviation and that attitude comes out in the interview you better believe that you're going to get that same letter every time. Don't be stuck up, say yes sir/mam, no sir/mam, and keep your stuff together. Potray yourself as you would want to see an applicant if you were doing the interview. I'm not saying that anyone here has a bad attitude or personality so don't take it that way. However, if you find yourself continuing to receive the "Thanks, but no thanks" letter then maybe you should start looking the the mirror instead of at your logbook. Just my $0.02.