View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 05:25 AM
prex8390
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by jetlag q View Post
I’m trying to explain to my wife how the airline commute vs driving to work equals a better work vs life balance which inturn a higher quality of life whilst at the regionals.

I have Job offers from E9 PSA and AW. I’m leaning towards E9 but dreading the commute based on the comments posted about commuting . I live in Richmond va and could drive to ORF that seems ideal.

What points would you bring up to a spouse when choosing between higher pay vs a drivable commute.

Feel free to add in anything I should also consider as I will have her read the thread.
I used to be based in ORF with my previous airline, there’s quite a bit of commuters out of there. It’s almost like Florida. So it can get tricky. Especially in the summer when vacationers start pouring in. I’d fly out of Richmond, endeavor has quite a bit of flights there. Better to fly on your own metal however we operate nyc, but Atl is all mainline. Also if you drive up to DCA, there is shuttle on both AA ans DL to New York so hourly flights and Atlanta is basically every 1:15. DCA to really anywhere is pretty easy from my experience. The biggest headache would be I95 traffic

Last edited by prex8390; 08-09-2018 at 05:43 AM.