View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 11:17 AM
mexipilot84
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Gear Handle supervisor

Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
You indicate that safety is the big concern, but most of your concerns are not safety, but other things.

Pilots who land too far down the runway, strike the tail and take off from taxiways cannot blame the training department.

If they do, they've got no business accepting the responsibility of pilot in command.

All these incidents I think are more pilot caused as he mentions, going around would probably have prevented these incidents. But then again I don’t know what the outcome or what investigation has come across except for what pictures and video speak of. The take off well I don’t know happened to comair years ago.

Doesn’t matter where people go after Swift that’s their deal, regionals, retire, part 135. That’s their business. Doesn’t work for everyone. Hell one guy left to the regionals and came right back not even a week after he left.

They know what they have to do to keep people around, they truly have hit the lowest point in their time. The cracks are definitely showing, but it’s up to management to turn the airline around. It didn’t used to be like this. It was a fun place to work and do cool unique stuff. Unfortunately growing too fast without infrastructure has hit them hard.
Who knows man.