View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 12:35 PM
Peter Panam
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2018

It's true that the pilots are bribed to break 117 regs. A couple of them were recently paid $5000 apiece for a simple out and back trip which Crew Scheduling had "overlooked" and failed to crew. This is not an isolated incident. Juicy pickings if you're not picky.
It's also true that pilots are misled when they are recruited in order to get them on board and then the reality is laid on them when they get on line. Bait and switch.
its true that Management look at pilot staffing hugely and I mean HUGELY optimistically because they are looking at an unrealistic bottom line. This artificially creates a shortage and the necessity to bribe, cajole and threaten crew members into illegal activities.
Its also true that management have instructed their sales department to never turn down a charter, regardless of how impractical it might be or how it might affect crew members, their schedules or even the satisfaction of the clients who might be expecting a VIP configured airplane only to be presented with a Hi density airplane that has been used to deport illegal aliens to Central America.
It's true that it's not unusual for Swift to carry Illegals with Leprosy for example or Plague. I will leave it to your imagination what sort of disinfecting process the airplanes go through afterwards...read Chlorox wipes.
It is true that the payroll department rely on the hugely overworked and corrupt Crew Scheduler for the required information to pay the pilots correctly, so the chances of being paid the right mount for the work you've done are woefully small.
It is also true that the pilots are paid on the basis of a completely fictitious 40 hour work week. Flight time is never shown or accounted for which makes payroll queries very difficult to substantiate. Not to mention the fluidity of the bribe system... Cash is king.
It is true that if you submit a query to the crew scheduler you will not get a reply. Ever. Unless you involve the director of operations, in which case you may get a reply, but no action. So frustrating.
It is true that the same goes for payroll. No reply is the way Swift does business.
It is true that nepotism, favoritism and passive aggression are the ways that Swift play.
I called the chief pilot once with a problem. I never called him again.