View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 06:56 PM
dbdevkc
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2018

That is quite the list you have going there. You have to evaluate them all with a very critical eye. I am helping my daughter find the right path to follow. The more I investigate all the options, the more convinced I am that piecing it together as she goes from different options may be the best and least expensive way to go.

Epic is still an option because of potential tuition reimbursement from Ameriflight and the potential of building turbine PIC time early on from them as well.

American Flyers is still on the table to finish up her instrument and commercial.

ATP is definitely out. Over-priced and too quick of a turn.

LIFT is most likely out because of the 5-year lock into Republic and nothing off the program cost (although they claim they are already discounting it by $20K. It's overpriced.

You don't really want to be sitting at a regional FO or CA for a couple years with a $100k (cost plus interest over the life of the loan) consumer debt hanging over you.

I feel really bad for some of these kids coming out of Embry with HUGE student loan debts - it will take them ages to repay.